The CSC offers an economical, efficient way for processors to filter contaminates from polymer melt flows and is used to filter almost any thermoplastic material. Utilizing proven pressure activated seal technology, the CSC remains leak free under extrusion pressures, while the gear reduction ratchet action is easily shifted when the pressure is removed. The CSC is fitted directly to the extruder barrel flange making maintenance and screw removal easier.
The CSC Compact Screen Changer is suited in applications where the process is shut down periodically for reasons not related to the screen changer, hence there is no lost production due to the screen change.
The CSC Screen Changer has applications in:
- Blown Film
- Coextruded Sheet/Film
- Wire and Cable
- Sheet and Cast Film
- 2:5:1 gear reduction minimizes operator effort
- Time proven, pressure activated seal system minimizes operator attention
- Teflon protected by protective metal liner
- Single zone temperature control
- Fixed attachment to extruder barrel flange
- Option co-extrusion breaker plate for positive screen retention
- Maintenance friendly design
- Leak-free up to 10,000 PSI pressure rating
- Sizes 1 inch - 4.5 inches