Field Service Technician
Location: Woonsocket RI
Description: Parkinson Technologies Inc., a growing manufacturer of winding and plastic processing equipment, has an immediate opening for a Field Service Technician. The individual will report to the Field Service Manager and be responsible for installation and field support of our custom-designed equipment. This position requires extensive travel.
- Perform and Supervise Installations of complex web handling and plastics processing machinery.
- Troubleshoot mechanical, web handling and process issues.
- Troubleshoot and correct PLC based controls and Variable Frequency Drives.
- Implement mechanical modifications and retrofits.
- Ensure that our equipment meets all customer requirements.
- Interface with customers and customer supplied trade labor.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with industrial equipment.
- Creative problem solving ability.
- General aptitude in mechanical trades.
- General PLC and Frequency Drive knowledge.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to direct others
- Willingness to travel
- Previous trade labor supervision
- Strong mechanical/electrical application knowledge.
- Working knowledge of electrical systems, PLC logic, Frequency Drives.
- Experience with plastics, paper or other web based processes
- Associates degree or relevant continuing education
This is a highly visible position requiring all of the above qualifications. If you understand custom industrial machinery and are driven to exceed customer expectations, then we want to hear from you.
Parkinson Technologies is an equal opportunity employer that values a creative and open working environment. The company provides world-class machinery and technology to the continuous web processing industry and all designs, manufacturing and commercial operations are located in a modern facility in Woonsocket, RI. Parkinsons customers include a broad range of companies, from venture-backed startups to Fortune 50 enterprises, all of whom demand innovative solutions to their web processing challenges. Company benefits include medical, dental and life insurance, as well as a flexible savings account and a 401(K) plan. Please visit www.parkinsontechnologies.com for more information.
Please send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate Field Service Technician in the emails subject.
Date Posted: 2011-11-11